lauantai 30. syyskuuta 2017

My new camera pack for travel

Think Tank airport commuter backpack

Yayy, I got my new camera backpack today and it is amazing. It is from Think Tank, which is known for their super sturdy quality, which is made for professional photographers.

Reasons why I got this not so cheap backpack is air travel. Many of you probably know airlines strict restrictions for cabin luggage and those of you who carry photography equipment know that you don't want to check them in. Because lets face it, they probably will break something and you will not get a dime for airlines if that happens.

So back to this backpack. It is Think Tank airport commuter backpack which should met most airlines dimensions for cabin luggage. It takes all my photography equipment, including my drone, which is second reason I bought this, because now I can take my Mavic with me everywhere in the world.






Of course a lot of gear means a lot of weight.

So I tested it with my camera Canon 6D, three lenses, heavy 10" tablet, chargers, transmitter, flashlight and other staff I might carry with me and it weighted "only" 9kg, so not too bad. Of course depending where I will go, I will only take what I need with me and point is to fly only with this backpack as hand luggage and save that expensive check in payment.

Weight will be a problem if they decide to weight it at some point. Hand luggage weighting is rare and usually you can get away by what I read, just explaining that you're a photographer and there is no other way for you to take care of your babies.


So this backpack is sturdy, gorgeous and it takes all my photography equipment, clothes for warm climate and if I decide to go cold climate, I will just dress all my heavy winter clothes on me.
This backpack is high, so I can place clothes under my lenses or Mavic drone, plus it will make it softer for them if I hit my pack for some reason somewhere on something.

Tomorrow I will go shooting my friend Emilia outdoors and get to test it in a field.
I kinda think it might be a problem at some point somewhere that to get my camera out, I need to open the hole pack wide open and place it backside towards ground and that might me a problem in dirty grounds or busy public places, where thieves see all your expensive equipment.

I will tell you guys in the future how it feels, operates, carries my staff and how those tripod straps work. When I get to fly with it, I will tell you hopefully with pictures how it handles under the seat or if there is any problems with it.

Stay tuned!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti